Saturday, February 13, 2010

Marks Paper Company

I love the Courtship collection from Marks Paper Company.  The colors of the paper are just beautiful and the texture of the paper is fabulous, almost like fabric.  I have done a few layout with it that I am happy with, but had a bit of the paper left and just couldn't figure out a way to use.  Until I started thinking "home decor".  The colors are perfect for my home, soft and pretty, neutral enough not to clash with anything, but enough color that they aren't "white".

 Bits of the papers, some beautiful Prima bloom that I added stickles to, a butterfly vine I chopped, inked and stickled and some velvet trim.  Before glittering the chipboard title, I misted with brown to make sure no naked chipboard would be showing.  So much quicker than paint.

I mounted the top layers (through the red) onto a piece of chipboard  and adhered.  Then I glued the brown piece of cardstock to the back, face up and went around with my scallop scissors.  Thanks to Lisa Pace for showing me the trick to getting the perfect edge around your chipboard project.  Just follow the line of your chipboard.  No more cutting and then gluing for me.  And it really added quite a bit of depth to the project.

Here you can see that I munged the leaves to help them tie into the overall color scheme with some walnut ink.  I also added more platinum stickles to the petals.


One last project.....
The light here isn't very good, but you can see how beautiful the papers blend together on the KaiserKraft memo board.

Hope I was able to inspire you today.

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails