Thursday, March 18, 2010

As Promised....Chipboard Technique

I don't know about you, but having been in the craft mindset for a number of years, the diversity of supplies is often overwhelming.  I have so many bits and pieces left over from all types of crafts.  Here I put my old puff paints to work.


This is a simple technique that involves only a few items.  Chipboard, puff paint, UTEE and a heat gun.  Here I used Maya Road's Deborah font.


Begin by painting a thick layer of puff paint onto the chipboard.  I find it best to spread the puff paint with a brush rather than the applicator tip, as using the tip tends to clog the bottle.

After completely covering the chipboard with paint, sprinkle on your UTEE.  And now.....wait!  and wait, and wait.  I usually do this first so as to give the paint plenty of time to dry.  You want the paint to be dry when you go to heat set the embossing powder.

After heat setting, you are ready to go.  Such a pretty, textured feel to the chipboard.


I hope you enjoy this technique.  I find it very handy, not just with naked chipboard, but you can also use it to alter chipboard letters you already own, but maybe don't just love.  And, you are only limited by the colors of paint and embossing powders you own.

Now, if I can only find something to do with the hundreds of pony beads.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails