Saturday, March 20, 2010

Flights of Fancy

Last weekend we had simply gorgeous spring weather.  What could be better on a day like that then a trip to the farm.  The new Flights of Fancy paper from Prima was a perfect complement to these spring photos.  While I used many pre colored flowers, I also decided to custom color many white Eline and Innocense flowers as well as my floral lace trim and my Calcutta leaves as well as my background paper.

Flamingo Scraps Products Used:  Prima Marketing; Flights of Fancy paper in Ladybug, Glitter CardstockStickers, Patterned Flowers and Solid Flowers, Alabaster Roses, Innocence Wedding Pearls, Fairytale Roses in Pink and White, Homespun Bittles, Mini Roses,Calcutta Leaves, Monarch Centers, E-line flowers and E- line Bling.  Maya Road; Chipboard butterflies, Mist in Pink Carnation, Cotton Candy, Blue, Avocado Metallic, Iridescent Pearl, Ranger Industries; Glossy Accents, Stickles in Platinum and Cotton Candy.  White Flowers with border trim.

I love using my mists to color the flowers as they give such a pretty sheen, but I really wanted much more control, so I used my paintbrush.


I dropped most of the paint into the center of the flower, allowing the mists to travel thru the mulberry paper with just a little help from my brush.


When I wanted the color a little less vibrant, I sprayed the flower first with my iridescent pearl and then painted the color.  The pearl mist wet my flower, "watering down" the final color.

Thanks for looking.  Hope you are having a great first day of Spring.

Hugs,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails