Saturday, April 24, 2010

Argyle Card

I tend to keep all the little scraps of patterned paper leftover from my projects.  I just can't bear the thought of tossing away any fabulous paper!  So I look for clever ways to use small pieces and get the most out of my leftover tiny bits and pieces.  This week we found out that my husband's cousin (and wife!) are the proud parents of a cute little baby boy... another family member this year!  That makes three babies since Christmas among our cousins.  And we couldn't be more thrilled for them.  :)  So we are putting together a present to ship out to them on Monday and, of course, it would not be complete without a cute little handmade card.

I started with a leftover scrap of the blue piece of patterned paper from the pink paislee 365 collection called Daydream.  The scrap was just shy of 3/4" wide and about 8" long.  I freehand sketched a diamond on a scrap piece of paper and used it to guide my cuts of the strip of paper.  Once I had five diamonds cut from my scrap, I glued them down and turned on my sewing machine!

From Flamingo Scraps:  pink paislee 365 degrees collection, xmas red stickles
Other supplies: white cardstock, grey sharpie, lime green thread

After stitching in the lines to finish my argyle pattern, I finished the card off by writing congratulations with a grey sharpie and adding a heart using xmas red stickles.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. SUCH a cool technique! I could see doing a whole patterned paper like that too. It would be very awesome. Great card Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails