Sunday, May 30, 2010

Scraptathlon Week # 3

This week's challenge threw all the Scraptathletes for a loop!  Our song title inspiration was "Stupid" by Toad the Wet Sprocket and we were to scrap something stupid.  Our instructions were to showcase something STUPID... something we said or something we did.  Or make the layout about someone else or something else. The word stupid, or a synonym had to find its way prominently on to our page.

Here's what Susan had to say about her Week # 3 layout.......
I knew immediately I was going to use the word "Twp".  My mother's family is Welsh and twp is Welsh for stupid.  But it's not an insulting kind of stupid, it translates more to being blissfully unaware of something and therefore is a more endearing term.  My entire family uses the word twp.  Twp is pronounced tup.

At one family birthday celebration, many years ago now, my youngest sister offered to bring the pinata for a party game.  Unfortunately, she was blissfully unaware that she had to buy candy and fill the pinata herself!  No one noticed until the kids had whacked the pinata to pieces and still no candy and goodies!  We all had a good laugh about how twp my sister was - at least the adults did.  The kids were pretty upset about no candy!


Here's my layout for Scraptathalon Week # 3 - I used a Page Maps Sketch by Becky Fleck:
Flamingo Scraps supplies used:  Kaisercraft's Penny Royale collection papers, brads and die cuts.  Prima Marketing's Madrigal Blossoms, Prima's Say It In Pearls and Roses Pink Swirl and Corner, Webster's Pages Postcards from Paris Storyteller Alphabet Stickers, Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I chose the Penny Royale papers because I thought the terra cotta hues were representative of the southwest and Mexico.  I think they are a gorgeous color combination and the collection comes with many more coordinating items such as rub-ons and embroidered patches.  All available at Flamingo Scraps Thanks for looking!
 
And here was Amanda's take on the challenge.....
This one stumped me.  And forced me to head to the one hour photo once I figured out what I wanted to do and spent an hour trying to remember what year my stupid event I was trying to scrap happened in!  Ultimately, I chose to scrap about an unfortunate stupid accident involving my husband, our cat, her tail and the front door.  It wasn't pretty!!  If you want to read the journaling, you can click on over to here to read the typed out version.

From Flamingo Scraps:  Webster's Garden Gala patterned papers (background and brown patterned), Webster's trims (aqua trim and brown lace), Webster's alphabet stickers, Coco Ruffle trim and Prima white fairytale roses
Other supplies:  brown cardstock, brown fine point sharpie pen, martha stewart heart punch, Basic Grey Urban Prairie patterned paper (under photo collage and under date/name box), brown doodlebug simply sweet alpha rub-ons

Sorry for the kinda funky scan -- all those flowers make the scanner do wonky shadows!!  I made the journaling box for nala and the date by using the die cut sheet from bayberry cottage as a stencil.  I traced it, cut it out and doodled a mirror image line along the inside of the shape.  I also traced the unique mat under the photo collage by using a Making Memories mistletoe collection journaling book page as a stencil for one edge of the paper.

Hope you enjoyed reading about our stupid (twp) moments and the layouts they inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails