Monday, June 21, 2010

Late Happy Fathers' Day!!! -- Daddy & Me

A Belated Happy Fathers' Day to all those awesome men out there who make a difference in a child's life!!!
This week I did one layout for two different challenges -- both had twist alternatives.  Being a twisted kind of woman (in a good way, I think!), I did both!
The Sketch
The Twist!
  Use all scraps and leftovers except the background paper and pics. Use at least 10 scraps and leftovers and get extra points!!!

The Layout

The background is actually a leftover piece of Bazzill cardstock from my heritage album papers.  The patterned paper strips are scraps of Prima, Pink Paislee, and Webster's Pages, the swirl and arrow are leftover Prima Say It in Studs, the turquoise bracket and pink heart are both colored with Maya Mist and inked with Maya Road inkpads. Along with the patterned hearts and arrows, they are from a Flamingo Scraps Chipboard Grab Bag.  All of the papers and printed chipboard are distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  The title letters and numbers are leftovers from two packages of Thickers -- two of the d's are actually p's.
For the Heritage Challenge, the stipulation  was to use a picture at least 25 years old (no problem there!), and the twist was to do a "Father" layout.  We were not a picture taking family, so this 1958 photo of my dear late Daddy and me is very precious to me -- he is teaching me to build a drip sandcastle!
Prima, Webster's Pages, and Pink Paislee papers, Prima Say It In Studs, Maya Mist, Maya Road Inkpads, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, and Chipboard Grab Bag are all from Flamingo Scraps!
Try out this fantastic sketch from jamariel and use some of your scraps and leftovers!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWW! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this Suzanne!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the mix of colors!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails