Saturday, June 12, 2010

Scraptathlon Week # 5

Our song title for Week #5 was Janis Joplin's "Stealin' Stealin".  And these were our host's instructions to us:
"It's scraplift week, and, for this week, we are lifting one of my absolute FAVORITE scraptathlon layouts of all time. It got more votes than ANY other LO ever, and is, I think, absolutely STUNNING!!!!
Will you steal the colors, the structure, the message, the embellies?"

Here is Susan's take on the challenge......
Flamingo Scraps products used:  The paper is Mechanics from Fancy Pants Designs Like Father Like Son collection. The embroidered fabric tree is Prima Marketing Donna Downey Collection and the letter stickers are Webster's Pages storyteller alphabets and the edges are inked with Tim Holtz distress ink.

Susan says:  These photos were taken in 2001 at our very first family reunion. The tree in the original layout made me think of family trees.  The journaling reads, "Family faces are magic mirrors.  Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future."

Here is Amanda's take on the challenge.......
Digital supplies used:  paislee press adorned kit (white background paper) and baroque frame (on picture), krystal hartley birds+bees (title letters), art warehouse candles+cake (colorful embellies).  Font for journaling is smiley monster. 

Amanda says:  This week totally had me stumped!  It was a great layout to scraplift, but it really challenged me.  In the end, I simply scraplifted the design of the layout and kept all the white space.  I wanted to highlight my journaling on this layout and I think the design really made that easy.  I will probably do a second page to include other pictures from my nephew's birthday gift opening to turn this into a two page layout. 

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. These are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails