Thursday, July 15, 2010

Christmas in July: Maya Road Christmas Tree Album

This fabulous little Christmas tree mini album from Maya Road takes a little patience, but the result is soooo worth it!! Depending upon how much you embellish, it can stand alone as a Christmas decoration, or you can leave room for pictures. I chose to leave room for small pictures and plan to give it to my mother for Christmas 2010 pics!
From Flamingo Scraps:  Maya Road Christmas Tree album, Prima bling, Pink Paislee Mistletoe & Company, Ranger distress inks
Other supplies: miscellaneous trims and ribbons from the stash!

The album is made up of  six layers and a star (which I left off this one) joined by a binder ring.   All of the layers were inked on the edges with black Maya Road ink, then front and back were covered with Pink Paisless Mistletoe & Co. patterned papers.  The papers were distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and then I layered on the bling -- Prima, Glitz, Maya Road Chandelier Beads and some misc. bling from my stash!
"Front" side of the album fanned out to show all the pages!

The "Back" side of the album pages!

I just love the baby blue with the red, brown, black, and kraft colors in this collection and was fortunate to find some baby blue organza ribbon in my stash for the binder ring! I also used red, beige, blue, and black patterned ribbon and some natural twill with Merry Christmas on it and an additional chandelier bead to jazz up the ring. Some of ribbons had bright white in the patterns, so I swiped on the distress ink to tone it down.
I just hope I can really bear to give it away!!

Merry Christmas in July!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love this!!! GORGEOUS colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails