Saturday, July 17, 2010

Scraptathlon Week # 10 - Winners Announced!

Susan and I have made it to the end of the ten weeks!!  Susan ended up having to take another bye this week so she could spend time pulling together orders for CHA and pack for a family vacation.  This week our challenge was inspired by the song Chocolate Cake by Crowded House.  Here was our challenge from Kia:
I've been saving this one up for awhile. Those who know me know that chocolate is ALL to me. I don't want to limit you to a LO about chocolate, though some of us could fill an album on the subject. So, for your grand finale, I require the following:
1. A 2 page layout
2. Featuring something SWEET
3. With predominantly CHOCOLATE (milk or dark up to you) colorways.
4. A non-digi product
So this gave me a perfect opportunity to finish up a layout that's been sitting on my desk for almost two years.... I was so stuck!
From Flamingo Scraps:  Prima flowers and e-line pearls & crystals, brown ruffle trim
Other supplies: Bazzill cardstock, Making Memories felt alpha stickers and a brown fine point sharpie pen

The only challenged I faced was reminding myself that I wanted it to blend in with my other album layouts for that trip - a monochromatic brown color scheme with very simple embellishments. Here are a couple of other pages from the album:



I think it will fit perfectly in my album and I'm excited to have another two layouts done!!  In a couple of weeks, Kia will be here for the month of August to challenge you each week.... there will be fabulous scrappy prizes!!  Keep an eye out for it and I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. OH WOW Amanda!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these!!! Of course ANYTHING that has Ben & Jerry's on it...I'm sold!! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those flower photos in that last one too!! AMAZING WORK! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails