Friday, July 2, 2010

Visiting Independence Hall

I have officially scrapped the first pictures of my trip to Pennsylvania - woo hoo!  My first day in Pennsylvania was full of sightseeing in Philadelphia which included Independence Hall.  Tiny tidbit you should know... I'm a total history buff.  I studied LOTS of it in college.  We watch the History Channel often (not quite as often as Law & Order, but often!).

Of course, I had to use the Pink Paislee Starlight collection -- it was a perfect match!  Great for patriotic 4th of July pictures!!

From Flamingo Scraps:  Pink Paislee Starlight collection patterned papers, diecuts & alpha stickers, Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage Ribbon Pleats
Other supplies:  kraft cardstock, dark blue fine point sharpie, sewing machine+thread, date stamp + black Staz-On ink

Since I hold had one white ribbon pleat in the stash, I stitched two extra lines a quarter of an inch from either side of the existing stitching down the center.  Then I cut down the original stitching to separate the pleat into two that would stretch across my whole layout!  Super easy.  To make the title, I just arranged the alpha stickers on a piece of patterned paper and fussy cut them out.  Everything above the ribbon pleat is attached with foam pop dots.

And just cause it's hard to see everything, here's a close-up of the left side:


And of the right side:

I used a layout from CK's Super Fast Pages for 4x6 Photos (I love that magazine!). 

Happy 4th of July (a little early)!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH!!! I am a total L&O buff too!! LOL!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Philly!! I went there last summer!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the lo's!!! JUST GORGEOUS!!! Great photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout...do think that star paper was a perfect fit for your subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the little stitching detail around the perimeter. And you're right- the star paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails