Friday, October 1, 2010

Getting to Know Diana and Genie!!

Please join us in welcoming our October Design Team -- Diana and Genie!!   Diana will be here on Tuesdays and Genie will be here on Thursdays starting next week!!   So we asked them both to answer a few questions so we could all get to know them a little better...

Hi! I'm Diana Fisher. I live in Rochester, NY and work for NextStepU.com and NextStepU Magazine. I'm the only on-staff graphic designer and am the head of the print production dept. I have been married to my deputy sheriff hubby, Brad, for six years and we have a wonderful 4-year-old son, Nate. He is my most scrapped subject, of course! You'll definitely be seeing more of him! Thanks to Flamingo Scraps for letting me be a part of this!! I love these gals!!

Why do you scrapbook?

I love the journaling and memory-capturing aspect to scrapbooking. Looking back on older books helps me to remember some of the little things we can so easily forget about. And I love the creative outlet. Working on a computer all day, it's great to just get glue on my hands and make something.

What is the one scrappy item you just can't live without?

My Tim Holtz Tonic scissors. Seriously, the best scissors ever!

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Teal Blue. I love that this color is bright but subtle. :)

Do you like your handwriting and do you use it on your layouts?

I like my handwriting. I can sometimes get sloppy and I don't like that, but when I am slow and write carefully, I love the finished look. I rarely if ever type my journaling.

What is your favorite item in the Flamingo Scraps store today?

The Maya Road Stamp Set - Doilies. And any of the trinket pins sets. I love trinket pins!!!!

More of Diana's work can be seen here on her blog and make sure you swing by Sketchy Thursdays to play along with her fantastic weekly sketch challenge!

I live in central Michigan with my husband, two little girls and four cats.  I work part time as a professional wedding and portrait photographer.  My husband is truly my best friend; even after nearly 15 years together (we'll be celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary this month!), I would choose to spend my free time with him more often than not.  Our girls are little sweethearts; Evie is 7 and Ellie is 6 months.

Why do you scrapbook?

I know the answer to this is supposed to be to preserve memories and leave a legacy for my children, and I suppose that's partially true.  Honestly, though, I scrapbook as a creative outlet.  I've always been creative, and the camera spoke to me early on.  For the last 5 or 6 years, scrapbooking has been my main artistic pursuit.  While I do hope that the story of our lives comes through in my scrapbook pages, I also want them to look pretty.   

What is the one scrappy item you just can't live without?

It would have to be paper.  While I love all my other scrappy ephemera, I can (and often do) create pages with nothing more than cardstock, patterned paper, photos, and maybe a little ink.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Hot pink!

Do you like your handwriting and do you use it on your layouts?

Yes to both...although I will admit that most of the time it's because I'm too lazy to use the computer to journal.  I'd have to be able to think ahead for that!!!

What is your favorite item in the Flamingo Scraps store today?

I'm loving the Fancy Pants Wishful Thinking collection today--such pretty soft colors and designs.  

More of Genie's work can be seen here on her blog!!

Make sure to check back next Tuesday when Diana shares some of her fabulous work and tips with us!

7 comments:

  1. Great to meet Genie and happy to be sharing October with her!!! Thanks for having me this month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great intro ladies!!! And woooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo shout out to Diana in my hometown Rochester!! LOVE YA GIRL! :):):):):):):):):):):):) Can't wait to see what you both create! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Ladies to Flamingo Scraps GDT -- though we feel we have known you both forever from scrapbook.com and Sketchy Thursdays!!! Also -- if you want to check out more of Diana's work -- just look at our logo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to get to know you both a little better Diana and Genie!
    Can't wait to be inspired by both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing a bit more about yourselves ladies! Can't wait to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm both excited and honored to be working with this talented group of ladies for October! It's wonderful to meet you, Diana, and I look forward to seeing your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to meet you guys. Such awesome talent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails