Friday, November 5, 2010

Altered Storage: Box for Primas!

Now I never thought I'd hit a critical storage problem with my Prima stash.... but really.... I should have predicted that!!  :)

Earlier this year on Julie Fei-Fan Balzar's blog, I saw this post and filed it away in my mental to-do list.  And then this weekend... I had some storage issues and I remembered her solution.   So I cut out one big rectangle and I had this:


Of course, I couldn't just leave that postal box alone.... now don't get me wrong, I really love the special kind of love only a trip in the mail can give to a box..... but it definitely needed a makeover! So I grabbed three pieces of patterned paper, decorated that box, tossed it on the shelf and loaded it up with some goodies from the store:


Julie is right, it's the perfect size for those fabulous Prima packages!  I decided to use a hot glue gun to secure the flaps in lieu of duct or shipping tape.  Worked like a charm! :)  I loved it so much, I made another to use as a catchall for my pictures waiting to be scrapped and mini albums in progress.  I know I'll definitely be making some more!!

Perfect way to recycle those fabulous postal boxes that transport your scrappy mail from Flamingo Scraps... don't you think?! 

8 comments:

  1. FABULOUS idea Amanada -- at Flamingo Scraps we use these boxes as trays for pulling happy orders -- one day maybe we will alter them to be as pretty as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Amanda!!!!! it is cold in FL this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it IS cold this morning in Fl...I already want the summer back!! Great idea Amanda. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! And it looks like you still have tons of room for more Primas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever and beautiful idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is AWESOME!! What a GREAT IDEA! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome way to reuse and recycle and it's so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails