Friday, April 15, 2011

Flamingo Four: Fancy Pants Aged Florals

We're back with one of our favorite columns.... Flamingo Five Four!!  You aren't imagining things... we talked, plotted, went back and forth.... finally deciding that we wanted to give this feature a fresh face with our new guest design team so we changed it to Flamingo Four!  The only change?  Four people, four products.... everything else is the same.  Are you ready to see this month's Flamingo Four?!


April's Flamingo Four items are:
1. and 2. Two sheets of Fancy Pants Aged Florals collection patterned papers
3. Kaisercraft Pearls - White Strips
4. A grab bag of white Prima E-Line flowers

All items available at Flamingo Scraps (limited quantities on hand!). We all started with these supplies and the instructions to make something using all four items. Any other items could be added to complete the project.



Are you ready to see what we made?!

Janie's take:
Other Supplies: Maya Road Canvas Dressform

I began by cutting alot of mini circles from the papers then I cut the circles in half. I then flared the ends of the half circles to give a curl and dimension to my project. I started attaching every half circle seperately in a pattern that I thought looked good. I took the Kaisercraft pearls and strung them on a diagonal on the dressform. Next, I sprayed the dressform and the prima flowers with Copper Glimmer Mist and attached the flowers to the dress with a generic orange brad. Thank you for allowing me to show you this project today I had so much fun with and I hope I inspired you to try something new as well!

Sara's take:

My photos were from a photo booth my son and I visited on our 'Date Day'. I used one sheet of the Fancy Pants Aged Florals paper as my back ground and the second sheet as my light green strip that I decorated up with a border punch. I used some of the 12-inch pearl strips to accent the ends of pattered paper. Lastly, I took glimmer mist to some of the great white prima flowers and add blingy middles to them. This was a fun challenge for me, it really pushed me outside my box!

Suzanne's take:
Other Supplies:  Sizzix dies -- tag, large daisies, butterfly and firefly; pearls edged ribbon, Old Lace Glimmer Mist, Pink Cat's Eye Ink, pop dots, misc. Happy Easter sticker

I inked the edges of all paper pieces and Prima flowers with pink ink, layered the sizzix daisies and Prima flowers with pop dots for dimension, pop dotted the butterfly and dragonfly, used Prima flowers to fill in around the diecuts, used pearls in centers of Prima flowers and for spines of butterfly and dragonfly, misted the finished tag with Old Lace Glimmer Mist and tied on the ribbon!

Amanda's take:

As we rapidly approach the ten year mark together this fall, this mini album documents our first five years my husband and I spent together. It's a quick picture story of our travels, our celebrations, our marriage, in just one small little mini! If you'd like to see a picture of each page, you can check it out on my blog.  I used the patterned paper, along with the other patterns in the collection, to cover my chipboard album.  For embellishments, I used my distress inks to cover chipboard pieces, and various laces, ribbons, and trims.  On back cover, some Prima flowers and a few pearls in the center was the perfect finish to my mini album!

So here we are at the end of another Flamingo Five Four and we hope you enjoyed it! Please come back and join us on the 15th of next month to see what we made with a new batch of four goodies from Flamingo Scraps! We hope that we have inspired you and we'd love to see what you make if you do, so please stop by and share it with us!

6 comments:

  1. Very Cute projects ladies. Love them all. It is always fun to see 4 different people with the same products and the difference in the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love everyone's take on the products used!! AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! As always, I am blown away by how different they all are from each other (and by how different mine would have been if I'd been playing along). Looking forward to May's Flamingo Four!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!! These are all soooo wonderful!!! I would have never thought to decorate a dress form like that! I love love love how Sara documented "date day" with her son, how fun!!!! Suzanne's tag is gorgeoussss (I LOOOOVE drogonflies!!!!) and the mini album is soooo sweet ♥ I am amazed at all you ladies work!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cool and different projects! Amazing that you all came up with some fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your projects girls! They are all so very pretty in their own way. It's so cool to see how everyone's takes turn out differently.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails