Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Guest DT Janie Boots: 1st Birthday

From Flamingo Scraps: Thickers, Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Other: Imaginisce patterned papers, embellishments & I-Rock; misc ribbons; white gel pen

This is a layout of my youngest son on his first birthday; I just love first birthdays. The babies are so cute when you hand them their cake to eat and yes, that is exactly what I do I make 2 cakes one for the baby specifically and one for the rest of us. Well after having his cake it's a tradition my husband started that each one of the 3 boys had their heads shaved as a first birthday thing.. No idea why I think he just doesn't like the hair long. I really love the picture in the upper right hand corner, Christopher looks like he got caught doing something he shouldn't have.  As you can see from the photos, Christopher enjoyed his cake I think he wore more of it than anything and so did my carpet.


To assemble this layout, I took my patterned paper and tore it around the edges and then I inked it up using my Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress inks.  After I distressed and inked everything up I started assembling my layout.


Once I was done layering my photos, I used some Green Thickers for the title and I outlined them in black marker to make them stand out more. I faux stitched around the edge with a white gel pen to give my layout a sewn look.

I really enjoyed sharing this layout with you today, and I hope I inspired some creativity. Have fun and always let you creativity soar....

8 comments:

  1. Very cute layout. 1st b-days are always so much fun. I love the grunge look of this layout. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeee the photos, the distressing and the COLORS!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great vintage page. Love the distressing! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgoodness, this is fabulous!! I love the inking, it is so daring!! haha, I have only found the confidence to ink edges, after seeing this I am definitely going to try something like this!! Love the look of the candle by the word 1st too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part of the layout is the white faux stitching. Thanks for sharing your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! If you need decorations for his next birthday party here's a great site to checkout - www.etsy.com/shop/getthepartystarted

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story Janie!!!! and great LO! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty layout Janie! Thanks so very much for sharing. I love the distressing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails