Monday, May 9, 2011

Deckled Edges

I always rip and grunge up the borders of layouts. But lately, I have wanted a fresh new look. Something that is a little more sophisticated, but still gives the feeling of an uneven edge.

Once again, **DING, DING** Inspiration from Prima. When I pulled the products for the layout below, all that luscious Prima packaging and its deckled edges SCREAMED "Duplicate Me".



So I went to my tool grave yard, and resurrected these gyms.



I used the scissors around the border of the backing cardstock, and along the border of the photo mat. After looking at this layout, I’m sure you will agree, these scissors could make a comeback.


From Flamingo Scraps: Prima Trinket Collection Madeline, Flocked Rub-Ons-Reflections, Delightful DayCollection- Hush and Splash, Say It In Crystals - Vintage Rose Smoke, Accent Gem Studs, Madeline Paper Collection Beautima and STE Marie, Lace bleached Interlaced, Butterfly Kiss Collection Madeline; Tim Holtz Distress Inks Vintage Photo and Aged Mahogany; Glimmer Mist Rose Tea

Other Products: Cardstock, Deckled Edge Scissors.

Next time you are making a card or layout, and I stress ONLY IF IT IS APPROPRIATE, experiment with the deckled edge scissors in your own tool grave yard.


1 comment:

  1. I was just talking about these scissors to someone the other day! lol!! I loveeeeeeeeeee what you have done with them!! GORGEOUS lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails