Friday, May 13, 2011

Embrace Imperfection

Here's a layout I made on National Scrapbook Day:

From Flamingo Scraps: Fancy Pants patterned paper
Other: Making Memories stickers; My Sentiments Exactly stamps; Jewelry Essentials rhinestones; ColorBox ink

I made it during a 2 hour Scrapbook.com challenge.  In order to allow enough time to scan, stitch, upload, and link, I really only had about 90 minutes.  I've mentioned before that my scrapping process often involves letting a layout sit half-done for weeks.  It is unheard of for me to start completely from scratch and have a finished layout in under two hours.

Part of the reason is that I like my layouts to be as perfect as possible.  For example, see the word 'valley' in the title?  It drives me crazy that it is crooked, but I didn't have enough time to fix it.  Notice the little heart sticker in the top left?  It isn't quite the right shape.  If this weren't for a challenge, I would have pushed the layout aside and come back to it later when I felt like designing and cutting out a better accent.  The spacing between the pictures isn't totally even, and I don't like the columns of verticals in the center next to the column of horizontals on the right.  The layout is a little plain, the design a touch boring.

Despite all that, I do like the layout.  Yes, there are some things that could be better, but it's just fine.  The most important thing is that I've found a home for the pictures and recorded the story of our first winter visit to Bear Valley.  If I didn't embrace imperfection, I would hardly ever get anything done!

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Cindy! I love love love love love all the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After admiring your page, I read your post. And honestly, I didn't notice any "imperfections" until you pointed them out! Funny how we sometimes stress over the details, yet others can enjoy the page we made without seeing those areas we deem less than perfect. I like your layout and how many pictures you were able to fit on the page. And that place sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails