Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Flamingo Four: Prima Urban Cosmos

Welcome to this month's.... Flamingo Four!!  Four people, four products.... four totally different products.  Are you ready to see this month's Flamingo Four?!


May's Flamingo Four items are:
1. Prima Urban Cosmos Metro
2. Prima Urban Cosmos Village
3. Prima Lace Trim
4. Prima Damsels Flowers
All items available at Flamingo Scraps (limited quantities on hand!). We all started with these supplies and the instructions to make something using all four items. Any other items could be added to complete the project.



Are you ready to see what we made?!

Heather's take:

When I got my package with the Flamingo Four products for my guest design team spot I panicked a little bit! The papers and flowers were gorgeous, but since I normally scrap with bright colors I was a bit intimidated. I've worked on the layout for two days now and I finally like what I've come up with. Thank you so very much for having me this month. I really have had an amazing time!

Supplies: Prima Swaney Flowers, Prima Urban Cosmos Paper "Metro" and "Village", Prima Trim.

I planned this page around the printed swirls on the paper. I just loved the pops of green and I even used my craft knife to cut along one of the swirls so I could tuck the photo into the design. I cut part of the title and the flowers on my Cricut. To add dimension to my flowers I put them on an old mouse pad and used a flower roller tool from Imaginisce to curl and shape them. I also fussy cut one of the flowers out of the Prima paper because I wanted another green accent. Everything is pop dotted up for dimension on different levels! I adhered and stapled the trim and then took another look at my page.

I liked it, but it was missing something! I pulled out some office supply tags and inked them with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I adhered those and added a few iRock gems as well for a bit of sparkle.

Jeana's take:

Hi everyone!!! I was so excited to see the elements for the Flamingo Four challenge! It was so hard to choose which side of which papers to use though, they are all so inspiring! I ended up choosing the one I did because of the use I was planning ahead for it. I made this to go in a shadow box frame for my step-mom. Her birthday was this month and she always goes all out with decorating and planning for everyone in the whole families birthdays, so I wanted to make her something she could use over and over any time of year. The colors did turn out kind of fall-ish, but they match her home decor and I think the brighter colors in the flowers and bling make is versatile :)


My step-mom loves "I Love Lucy" so I was super excited when I found a birthday quote by Lucille Ball! I printed the quote out on some green Recollections card stock and trimmed it down to a make shift tag and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink. The orange border strip is also Recollections card stock folded accordion like also with the edges inked in Vintage Photo.

There are some orange Recollections flowers mixed in with all the fabulous Prima flowers. Thanks for all the inspiration, and the challenge of incorporating all four items!!

Suzanne's take:


Like Heather, the Flamingo Four color pallette is not one with which I usually work, but I loved the challenge! I made a card using the Metro paper and overlayed a scalloped cut panel of the Village paper. Edges were inked with cocoa brown dewdrop ink -- the front was trimmed with the Prima lace and flowers -- the inside was punctuated with one of the small Prima flowers and the "Thinking of You" sentiment was cut from the Village paper with a sizzix die! I love that the card is patterned on the inside -- the Metro paper was perfect for that!

Tonya's take:



These are photos of my nieces playing with my camera at Easter. In the large photo Amber, the photographer, said she wanted to take photos just like Aunt Tonya, Adalyn was obviously tired of the flash, she is covering her eyes.  I added Stickles in Orange, Yellow, and Burgandy to the yellow paper to make the designs and text stand out more.
So here we are at the end of another Flamingo Four and we hope you enjoyed it! Please come back and join us on the 15th of next month to see what we made with a new batch of four goodies from Flamingo Scraps! We hope that we have inspired you and we'd love to see what you make if you do, so please stop by and share it with us!

4 comments:

  1. Jeana,

    I love the quote you used! It actually made me laugh out loud. =0) Beautiful project!!!

    Suzanne,

    The way you accented the interior of your card is so cool! I never think to do that. Thanks so much for having me here on the GDT this month.

    Tonya,

    I love how you tied the trim into a bow. Your page is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!

    Heather - I loooooove how you did the fussy cutting and used that green flower as an accent! GORGEOUS!!!!!

    Suzanne - I agree 100% with Heather, what a great way to do the inside of the card! FABULOUS! Wooow!!

    Tonya - my eyes were immediately drawn to the stickles accents, I love love love what you did with this!! Great LO!!!

    Thank you so so so so much for letting me be a part of the guest DT, it has been a BLAST! All of you are such a great inspiration to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, everyone! I absolutely love seeing what different designers do with the same products. Everything is so different! Several of you mentioned that you don't typically use this style of product, yet it's easy to see each of you in your projects. Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I just loveeeeeeee everyone's take on these products! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails