Monday, May 23, 2011

Scrapping CHA

I took 683 photos during the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) tradeshow back in January.  It was really difficult to select which ones I would scrap, but I eventually printed my favorite 30.  Those had been pushed to the back of my desk as I worked on other assignments and projects.  But when I saw the latest sketch from the Scrapping Stamper, I thought it would work really well for my CHA photos.


Obviously, there were WAY too few photos on the sketch for my 30 pictures.  I narrowed down my favorite photos even further and fit 18 on the page.  It was somewhat busy, so I removed the matte that is behind the 6x4 focal photo in the sketch.  Keeping the focus on the photos, I decided to make my embellishments monochromatic.  I also reduced the number of embellishments from 9 to 3.

Here's what I made:

 From Flamingo Scraps: Fancy Pants patterned paper
Other: Bazzill cardstock; Scenic Route chipboard; Family Treasures flower punch; American Crafts pens

I was able to use the Fancy Pants "Beach Bum" paper (blue and striped) that I fell in love with at CHA.  I love the way it looks paired with the Fancy Pants "Summer Soiree" (orange with red accents).

This was a really fun layout to make!  At a glance, it reminds me of all the fun I had at CHA and the fabulous friends I made.

3 comments:

  1. I am always amazed when scrappers are able to get more than 2 or 3 photos in a LO, I just can't ever seem to do it!!! This is such a perfect way to showcase your time at CHA! I love it and am inspired, wow, 18 photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I am in there!! Yay me!!! I loveeeeeeeee this girl... such an amazing time with you and Amanda!! Hoping to do it again with you next year!!! You two are AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, of course you're in there! You were a huge part of my CHA experience and I'm so glad to have met you. You're totally awesome!! DEFINITELY next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails