Friday, May 27, 2011

Twist it up

I was browsing the internet trying to find inspiration for jewelry designs and I stumbled across an artist Kayleigh Designs who creates whimsical bent wire jewelry.

Jewelry by KayLeigh Designs

I thought these would make fun embellishments on a scrapbooking page, so I tried my hand at it. Here are a few things I created:
From Flamingo Scraps:Maya Road Trinket Dangle Chandelier Charms
Other Supplies: 20 or 18 gage wire, beads, and charms

It is really easy to do, all you need is a little imagination, a roll of 20 or 18 gage wire, wire cutters, objects to wrap the wire around for great shape designs, and some extra trinkets, buttons, beads or metal embellishements.

For the pieces above I decided to make them fit the Adage Tickets from Tim Holtz. I selected my ticket, made a clip from the wire by wrapping it around a pencil twice, affixed the ticket to the clip, then began to shape the wires around the eges of the tickets, working in beads here in there for interest.

Warning - playing with wire can be very addictive!

I think these are a fun way to display dangled charms, titles, and clip memorabelia on scrapbooking pages, mini albums, and cards.


4 comments:

  1. Soooooooooo cool! i just love what you did with the wire! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and it does look SO fun! I can't wait to see these on a page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are totally fabulous!!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What great inspiration you have given me. I'm getting out the wire right now! LOL!

    I'd also like to say Thank You so very much for sponsoring a recent contest at "Let's Get Peachy"! I am the lucky winner and love, love, love the Prima Mask Set and Maya Road Inks! I love my little flamingo too! She sits on top of my computer screen giving my space a little class.

    (I'm sorry I took so long to post; I've been out of town. I have a few more life bumps coming up, but then I'll be getting inky.) Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails