Friday, June 17, 2011

Fancy Pants -- It's The Little Things with Marion!

In November of last year, I road tripped to She Scrapbooks with dear friend and Flamingo Scraps Design Team Member, Tonya Gibbs, to take classes with the fabulous and talented Marion Smith!!!!  I'm not sure whether we laughed more or scrapped more -- our table was labeled the "bad" table!!   It was so much fun to meet Marion and to meet a number of ladies in person that we had come to know online from Marion's Live With Prima Shows!!!

I feel a little like I'm cheating, using Fancy Pants' It's The Little Things to scrap a Prima experience!  But I used Prima bling so that makes it OK, right????  And I had been dying to use It's The Little Things, one of my favorite collections of all time!!!!

Supplies used from Flamingo Scraps -- Fancy Pants It's The Little Things paper collection, Prima bling, American Crafts Thickers; other supplies -- black bling strips, Tim Holtz clip stickpin, cat's eye ink.

This collection has such fabulous colors and patterns just begging to be layered and combined!  To pick up the shapes of the flowers, I scallop cut the striped pattern and fussy cut the scallop on the center strip.  All the edges were inked in a soft greenish blue.  The main title is in Thickers and I used a Tim Holtz clip stickpin to hold the small journaling block.  I highlighted the pictures with Prima Say It In Crystals corners and some strips of miscellaneous black bling!

It was a really fun weekend and a great scrapping experience!!!!

Suzanne

4 comments:

  1. What a great weekend. Thanks for going with me, it was blast. I love your layout, and yes, it is ok since you used Prima bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How AWESOME you got to meet Tonya! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! i love love love all the photos and the bling! :):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same boat as you! I could not WAIT to get my hands on and bust into that collection!!! Love it! :) and how fun to get to participate in such a great event!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails