Friday, June 24, 2011

Flamingo Four: Prima Coquette Collection

Welcome to this month's.... Flamingo Four!!  Are you ready to see this month's items?!


June's Flamingo Four items are:
1. Prima Coquette Collection "Starlet"
2. Prima Coquette Collection "Vanity"
3.  Prima glitter black ribbon
4. Prima Say It In Studs

All items available at Flamingo Scraps (limited quantities on hand!). We all started with these supplies and the instructions to make something using all four items. Any other items could be added to complete the project.



Are you ready to see what we made?!

Celina's take:

Squeee! I love getting scrappy stuff to play with and when I got the Flamingo Four items I got really happy! The purple papers are gorgeous and I have a thing for polka dots, so these were so much fun for me to use. I decided to scrap a photo of my eldest daughter since June is her birth month and the colors remind me of her bubbly personality.


I used the Flamingo Four papers along with paper from DCWV's Mariposa Collection and the Pink Paislee 365 Degrees Collection, and some black cardstock. I used turquoise trim and green polka dot ribbon from my stash with the black sparkly ribbon from the Flamingo Four items to make a border.

Then I used the black ribbon to make a Loopty Loop Flower which I have a tutorial for on my blog.

The purple roses are Love Letter Roses from Prima and the fabric roses are bloomers from Webster's Pages. I used green mini roses from Prima as well. And I added some Prima Bling Flower Centers from the Flamingo Four items and some Ranger Liquid Pearl flourishes for some sparkle.

Monique's take:

Monique made this gorgeous card!

Cindy's take:

I was so excited when I opened the package containing the Flamingo Four- purple, silver and black is one of my favorite color combinations!

I started with an unfinished wooden box from Michaels' dollar bin. I painted the whole thing black, including the gold hinges. Then I used Folk Art's Extreme Glitter over the black.


I cut the two Prima papers to fit in the center area and attached the ribbon across the top. I used about a dozen coats of Mod Podge to seal it. Finally, I used one of the Prima embellishments on top. I whipped up a coordinating card.

Here's a closer look at the box. I really like how it turned out!

Other supplies: Folk Art paints, Mod Podge, Michaels wooden box

So here we are at the end of another Flamingo Four and we hope you enjoyed it! Please come back and join us on the 15th of next month to see what we made with a new batch of four goodies from Flamingo Scraps! We hope that we have inspired you and we'd love to see what you make if you do, so please stop by and share it with us!

3 comments:

  1. As always, it's so fun to see what different designers do with the same materials! Ours couldn't be more different, but they are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique, beautiful card!

    Cindy, what a wonderful keepsake box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL of these projects are just FANTASTIC!!! I have to admit, I was just not feeling this set of supplies -- but y'all just ROCKED them!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails