Wednesday, June 29, 2011

JRR Hill Family -- Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden!

I am really fortunate to have lots of vintage photographs of my family.  And when I first saw the shabby elegant Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Collection, I just knew it would be perfect to highlight some of my treasured old photos!

Supplies from Flamingo Scraps -- Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden patterned paper, Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Metal Butterfly Charms (sold out), Graphic 45 Staples Stickers, Prima Bling, Prima Bronte Blooms in Powder Blue, Ranger Black Diamond and Cinnamon Stickles; other supplies -- miscellaneous bling, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, miscellaneous glittered alphabet


The elderly gentleman with the long beard is my great great grandfather, James R R Hill.  We haven't yet figured out what the two Rs stand for!  The man in the long tie and the woman with the braid on her blouse are my great grandparents, Arthur H. and Della Dutton Hill, and the little boy standing to the left of the pram is my grandfather, Arthur Milburn Hill!  James and his wife Nancy Knowles had 12 children!  Bless Nancy's heart, I have a portrait of her and she looks like she had 12 children -- she is nicknamed the Ugly Lady!



This detail shows the double mat, inked in Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peeled Paint and a cluster of punched butterflies punctuated with the Metal Butterfly Garden Charm.



This detail shows one of the gorgeous images from the patterned paper that I cut out, inked in Peeled Paint Distress Ink, and highlighted with Prima Bling and stickles!


I loved working with the colors and patterns of the Butterfly Garden Collection and will be sharing another vintage layout in the collection soon!

4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee that photo and that PP line is PERFECT for it!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your vintage photos and what you do with them! Lovely! The butterfly cluster is especially awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the papers and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful vintage layout! That photo is absolutely awesome. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails