Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Guest DT Jen Unger: Cards

From Flamingo Scraps: Pink Paislee Sweetness patterned papers and Element Stickers (pink ticket); Prima mini roses and Fairy Tale roses; Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime die cut tag sheet
Other Supplies: Bazzill and Stampin Up Cardstock; Spellbinders nestibility die Labels

One thing I like to always have on hand are cards. You never know when you will need one at a moments notice. I was looking through my paper and came across this line from Pink Paislee called Sweetness. The two papers I used were Sweetest Day and Pretty Lace and I used them on both cards.



For the first card, I adhered the lace paper onto cream colored cardstock, then from the floral paper I fussy cut a portion of the flowers, trimmed it to fit the side of the card and raised the one side (towards the center) on 3D dots and glued the bottom and side edge to the card. The frame was cut from the same cardstock with the Labels Nestability die. I stamped a greeting on the pink part of the floral paper, adhered it to the backside of the floral paper (yellow and brown damask) and placed my frame on top. The finishing touches were roses on the top of the frame and a little bow on the bottom.


The second card I used the trimmed off portion of my fussy cut flowers and adhered it to the edge of my card. I then fussy cut the pink lace from the Pretty Lace paper and covered the inside and opposite edge of the card. The picture I used is from Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime die cut tag sheet that I colored a bit to match my card and raised on 3D dots. Again, to finish it I added roses, a small bow and a ticket.





Jen's blog showcases her beautiful work and you can also catch up with her youtube channel!

5 comments:

  1. these are STUNNING Jen!!! Absolutely gorgeous! I am so bad about keeping cards on hand, I am always scrambling last minute to get them made hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delicate and lovely! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! These are GORGEOUS! I Loveeeee the fussy cutting! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen!!! These are just GORGEOUS!!! LOVE combining the PP and G45!!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I totally agree about keeping cards on hand. The only type I don't keep on hand (and always regret it) are sympathy cards. Obviously, they're not nearly as fun to make as birthday or just because cards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails