Monday, August 1, 2011

My Inner Daredevil!

This layout was done for a challenge over on one of our FAVE sites Sketchy Thursdays!  In addition to using the sketch, the project had to use red, orange, and/or yellow, have a summer subject, and have a journaling spot!

I chose one of my all time favorite collections, Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 (I have been hoarding these last few sheets!), for the colors and the journaling spot.  And for the summer theme, I used some pictures from last summer's family vacation to the North Carolina mountains!   The flowers were die cut with my sizzix and were stacked with pop tape for dimension.  The two smaller pictures are also pop taped for depth!

Supplies from Flamingo Scraps --  Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 collection; Tim Holtz distress ink in Black Soot; Glitz orange bling;  Other Supplies -- black glitter alphabets; black cardstock; black paper tape; pop tape; Sizzix flower die.

As the journaling notes, I am a notorious chicken when it comes to thrill rides like rollercoasters and even ferriswheels!  But weeks before this trip, my middle brother (who, by the way, is a thrill chicken as well!) started baiting me about going down Sliding Rock!!  

When I actually saw Sliding Rock, I really think I was more afraid I was going to slip on the rocks and fall on my face (or other end!) before I got to the sliding part!  But just to show my brother, I went down nature's rollercoaster!

Am I glad I did it? -- YES!!!!  Would I do it again? -- probably!!!!  Will I do the next thing he dares me to do ....... thinking .... still thinking!

But I just may have found my inner Daredevil!!!!!

How about you -- are you a daredevil????

4 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeee that you used ST's sketch for this! I think its AMAZING! I loveeeeeeee that big circle, the photos and that title is PERFECTION!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout and Circa 1934 is one of my favs too. Now I just can't picture you sliding down that rock so I'm really glad that you got pics. I probably would have done it, unless the water was cold. Great layout! It is so clean and love the reds and yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome layout Suzanne! I really like the way you turned the circle, just a bit, using the same paper as the background.

    I love the story and no, I am no longer a dare devil, but I would probably do the sliding rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO! I love how it looks and love the topic! Good for you for tackling the sliding rocks- looks really fun.

    I'm not a daredevil, both because I'm a cautious person and because pretty much anything more wild than walking makes me throw up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails