Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stash Diet

A friend of mine on Youtube, Jan - Whatyoumakeit1, has started a challenge called the Stash Diet. I thought I would try it out. Here is how it works. You list 6 things that are in your stash. for example:

  • Ribbon/Trim
  • Vintage Flowers
  • Purple Bling
  • charms
  • Beads
  • Scrap Paper

Then make a project using at least 3 items from the list, but for every item you use on the list, you must replace that item with something new for the next project.

I managed to use all six items on this layout of my Niece Averie. Here is the project that I created:

From Flamingo Scraps: Prima: Daisies (vintage Prima), Say It in Pearls Purple, Paper "Talavera" from the Reflections Collection, Prima Baby blue Trim; Maya Road: Journal Spot (vintage product)
Other: Lace, Ribbon, Charm, Butterflies, Die Cut.

I used some vintage Prima Daisies, Purple/Pink Pearls from Prima, A Metal Charm, Pearls on a stick pin, Maya Road Journal card (hidden behind the photo), Patterened paper from Prima, and lace/trims that I have had for a while.

The object of this game is to use up product that is sitting around, and save your shopping money for new releases. It was so nice being able to remove items from my stash, and at the same time, produce a nice layout. I am going to try this for a month and see if my stash starts to shrink!

Thanks for stopping by today,

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea. This month I'm on a scrapbook supply fast to use up a lot of my stash. I've been creating like crazy but it's hardly made a dint. I love your layout Tonya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT layout! You are ROCKIN the Stash Diet Challenge! Thanks so much for giving me a link over here...it was fun to see what was on your list and how you used it....fantabulous for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails