Friday, January 20, 2012

Self-Scraplifting

I've been going through pictures of my old projects recently and found this card. I think it might be my favorite card I've ever made. I made it years ago. There's absolutely nothing unique or special about it, but it makes me happy. The colors are awesome and it is crisp and clean.
I thought it would be fun to scraplift the card- would I like the design as much with different colors and sentiments?

I started with a sympathy card.  They are my least favorite type of card to make (and send), for obvious reasons.  I do like how this turned out.  It's simple yet elegant, and definitely somber enough to convey sympathy.

From Flamingo Scraps: Marks Paper Co. patterned paper
Other: Making Memories rub-on, Marvy punch

Next I made a birthday card.  It's amazing how changing up just the colors and patterns can completely change the mood of a card.  An interesting note about this card- there was a flaw on the upper left quadrant of the paper that I didn't notice until after I glued everything down.  I brainstormed how to save the card and came up with the idea of punching a dot from the scraps and using it to cover the flaw.  It worked like a charm, though I then had to spend the next 20 minutes punching and adhering enough dots to the rest of the card to make it look like that was the original plan.  :)

From Flamingo Scraps: Fancy Pants patterned paper
Other: Fiskars and Marvy punches, Stampin' Up and Fiskars stamps, ColorBox ink, Prismacolor pens, unknown ribbon

For my final card, I used the rest of the Fancy Pants paper from the previous card and scraplifted my original design nearly exactly.  I like the yellow card better, but this one is fine.  The floral pattern is much more prominent in real life.

From Flamingo Scraps: Fancy Pants patterned paper
Other: Marvy punch, Making Memories rub-on, Jewelry Essentials charm, unknown ribbon

I have a feeling I'll be coming back to this design again and again!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails