Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cosmo Mini

Recently I purchased some of the Tim Holtz binder rings and thought little minis would be a cute item for me to make for RAKs and gifts. My challenge was to use up things that I've had in my stash for more than 6 months. I accomplished that with the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday paper collection, Prima packaging, Prima hydrangeas, scrap paper, ribbon remnants, Bloomers, Cardstock, and beads. Nothing in this album except the binding rings was new - NOTHING.

I decided to use Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday collection because of its bright colors and ledger styled "B sides".

On the cover, I bound the book with cardstock, and used 4x6 panels of the paper collection to decorate. I used Pink Paislee packaging to die cut the book plate, and hand wrote "A Story". Butterflies were punched from scraps and Prima Hydrangea flowers were used with buttons as centers. Webster's Pages Bloomers and eyelet lace soften the spine. I used two mini binder clips from an office supply store, and attached charms and a chain for the perfect closure.

Prima packaging was used to make a double pocket. For extra notes, I ripped some paper from a small notebook, and placed it in the pocket. I included 2 small tags in the upper pocket. On the right the banner at the bottom was printed on the bottom strip of the paper collection. Remember to look for embellishments on this strip that is often tossed.

On this page, the mini page with the tag, is Prima packaging that I sewed together to make a pocket. I love that this paper collection matches the ledger style packaging so well.

Again Prima Packaging was used to create the pocket on this page.

I used a glassine bag as a pocket on this page, and used the strips at the bottom of the paper collection as an embellishment.

On this page I used washi tape on the left page. To mimic the same look on the right I used some of the Pink Paislee Packaging cut in the same style on the right.

I always buy buy buy when the products are new, I'm so excited when I get home. Then I place them in a drawer where they are horded forever. I'm trying really hard to use the items that I have purchased, and it seems that I'm falling in love all over again.

Thanks for stopping in today

6 comments:

  1. Cute! I love using up older stuff- definitely a great feeling of satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Tonya! I love everything about it! Makes me want to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh....I loveee this...I been wondering about those binder rings....now I HAVE to have them...thank for inspiring me!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that paper, what a beautiful and fun mini.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails