Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Card

In honor of Pink Paislee week I thought I would create a mother's day card. For this card I used the Pink Paislee Sweetness & Parisian Anthology Lines. Both were pieces of scraps, which I love to use on cards. The background paper is the "Love Notes" paper from the Sweetness Collection, I cut the envelope from Parisian Anthology scraps, and the corrugated chipboard accents (Heart, flags, and butterfly) are Parisian Anthology as well.

I spread some Texture Crackle Paste from DecoArt over the background layers to bring forward "love notes" layer. After the crackle paste dried, I covered the entire card backing with Picket Fence Stain from Tim Holtz. This really softened up the bright colors of the paper, and gave me a chance to bring elements into the forground.


I wanted my card to open differently. I've been working on invitations for my daughter's graduation, and I noticed a card backing called a "Z- FOLD” they basically fold in the Z fashion and then either display flat or in the z shape. Well I decided to modify this a bit using a square card. This way my Mom can display the card on her dresser open so that the front of the card and the sentiment are both displayed at the same time.


Here is a view of the card opened as you can see here the inside displays with the outside of the card. Love this effect!


Don't forget about the Pink Paislee sale that is going on now through Sat., May 12! And, yes, that includes the new Declaration mini release! Winter CHA 2012 releases Spring Jubilee, She Art by Christy Tomlinson, and Sugar Chic, No Limits, and Destinations by Heidi Swapp are marked down. Additionally, Pink Paislee Mistables, Parisian Anthology Chipboard Dimensions and Bling will be deeply discounted.

Thanks for stopping in today, and Happy Mother's Day to all!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this Tonya!!! Especially love the stitching changes -- reminds me of a heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The soft colors are so pretty. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails