Friday, July 27, 2012

Mixing the Old with the New

There's nothing I love more than getting a big box of Happy Mail from Flamingo Scraps! (Can I get an amen?)

I've been having such a great time with everything from my last box, especially the Heidi Swapp 'No Limits' collection! I love that the line is themed enough to be great for travel stuff (like my vacation planning folder), but versatile enough to work for other things too (like my '1st Field Trip' layout).

When I was looking at the papers I still had left, I noticed that one featured navigational tools. I dug through my older Flamingo Scraps stuff and came up with some wood grain letters from Crate Paper. Two photos, a few ancient stickers, and some journaling... and then I had this.


From Flamingo Scraps: Heidi Swapp patterned paper, Crate Paper letters
Other: It Takes Two stickers, Clearsnap ink, Recollections brads

Of course, getting out my older Flamingo Scraps goodies inspired me to push aside the newer stuff and use some of that stash.  Here is a layout featuring Fancy Pants stickers and die cuts from several years ago, plus some even older rub-ons.  I used some newer Thickers for the title.

 
From Flamingo Scraps: Fancy Pants patterned paper and die cuts, BasicGrey rub-ons (heart, dots)
Other: American Crafts Thickers, K&Co. rub-on (amazing)

How fun to mix the old with the new!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen - Sister! What a cutie and I love those layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails