Friday, September 14, 2012

2 Years

It's hard to believe, but I have been designing for Flamingo Scraps for two years now!  Time flies when you're having fun!  

In September 2010, I was selected as one of eight members of the Flamingo Scraps Guest Design Team. (Tonya was one of the others).  For my first post, I used this layout to share tips on how to master multiple photo layouts.    


In March 2011, Tonya and I both became permanent members of the Flamingo Scraps Design Team.  My first post was about Crate Paper's new Portrait collection.  I shared how to make a feminine, wedding-themed collection work as a boy page.



One of the things I love the most about Flamingo Scraps is that the Design Team and Guest Design Team members have represented a wide variety of styles and aesthetics.  There's something here for everyone.  I appreciate the freedom I've had to share my work in my own clean and simple style. 

Over the past few weeks, I've been going through my stash of older Flamingo Scraps stuff.  I've found plenty of scraps and bits that date all the way back to my first days with Flamingo Scraps!  It's definitely time to use those and make room for new things.  Today, I'll share a card and a layout made with Flamingo Scraps goodies, circa 2010. 

I love cards for using up scraps.  I found a piece of lightly-patterned green Prima paper that was the perfect size for a card background.  A little more digging and I had a scrap of Prima grid paper that would hold the sentiment.   


From Flamingo Scraps: Prima patterned papers, Stickles
Other: Bazzill cardstock, Fiskars stamps and border punch, Versamark & Clearsnap ink

Here's a layout made with 2010 Flamingo Scraps items.  The background paper is from Fancy Pants, as are the orange, solid green, and green-striped patterned papers.  The leaf patterned paper is from Prima.    


From Flamingo Scraps: Fancy Pants patterned papers, Prima patterned paper
Other: Scenic Route stickers, My Sentiments Exactly stamps, Clearsnap ink


I'll share more of my creations using my Flamingo Scraps stash next time!



2 comments:

  1. Cindy!! this is just FANTASTIC! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. It has been a blast designing for Flamingo and it is hard to believe it has been 2 years. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails