Thursday, December 27, 2012

For You...A Simple Card That Says It All

On Nov 10th, 2012 my husband and I celebrated 11th wedding anniversary.  It was bitter sweet as he was in Afghanistan, our first time being separated on our special day.  So with that in mind, I made him a card to fit our "time" apart and mailed it to him. He now says it is sitting by his computer at his "office" in Kabul.  I got inspiration from a card I saw in a magazine.


I used a simple geometric design to keep the card masculine, but added the Prima flower for a feminine touch of our time together.  The 11 squares represent the 11 years of marriage, and the flower is one to grow on.  I used the clock papers from Teressa Collins to show our time, a great way to use clock paper or clock stamps like the Vintage Finds stamp from Teresa Collins and to show the time you spent doing something. 

Please stop by Flamingo Scraps to find all your scrapbooking wants and desires like those found on this card.

Products Used:
Cardstock
Patterned Paper - Teressa Collins
Flower - Prima
Stamp
Ink - Ranger

Enjoy!!
Erin

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that Teresa Collins Now and Then paper gorgeous?!? And, I love how the 11 squares symbolize the 11 years. Congrats on being married that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, this card is just awesome!! I am sure he loved this. Love what it represents and and congrats on being married for all those years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, Congrats. I know it must be hard to be away from your husband. This is a fantastic card, and I love how much meaning you have put into each element.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails