Thursday, January 31, 2013

Be Happy Layout

I rarely scrap a picture of me, but last Christmas Eve we had professional pictures done and this was one of the gems that came out of it.  I love this picture of my husband and I as we are truly this happy together, married for 11 years this last November and I miss him so much every day that he is away in Afghanistan.


I used various punches and layered them to give an ethereal look this to this layout, just really played and had fun with it.


I used a mask, mixture of white paint and Snow writer by Decoart, inks by Prima, and some spray mist (Clam Bake by Tattered Angels) to create this texture on my paper.  The snow writer has a grainy texture so it looks fabulous when it dries.  You can even see a little part of a Heidi Swapp sticker in the top right corner.

For the zipper flower I used the Maya Road zipper trim and used a rolled technique to make it into a flower,  I then placed two Maya Road trinket pins in the center.  I clustered this with some wonderful Prima flowers and a cute little birds nest.

To buy most of these wonderful items please visit Flamingo Scraps.

Products Used
Cardstock
Patterned Paper - Teressa Collins
Flowers - Prima
Die cuts
Ink - Prima
Mist - Tattered Angels
Stickers - Heidi Swapp
Trim - Maya Road
Pins - Maya Road
Metal
Punches
Chipboard
Mediums - Ranger
Mask - The Crafters Workshop

Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

4 comments:

  1. Erin!!! This is just beautiful!!! LOVE the pic, LOVE the layering!!! Blessings to you and hubby -- beautiful reps of our military families!!!!!!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! I love all the layers and the punches and the texture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I just love love love all your layers of paper and how you punched them for interest and texture. Great job with this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout!!! And your layers are just fab on this!! The zipper flower is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails