Friday, March 15, 2013

Say "Cheese" LO with Maya Road CB Album Cover

Thanks for joining us again Flock followers. As promised, I'm back with a couple of quick and easy layouts using some of the great items that are now trending in the world of scrapping. You can find  these goodies plus much more at Flamingo Scraps flamingoscraps.com . So click on the link when you're finished reading. See how easy I made that for you ?

 When I first saw the Maya Road "Say Cheese" CB album I immediately knew I had to have it, and what I wanted to do with it. The question was, which photo should I use it with? It on was answered when my grandson Gabriel saw what I was doing, and said that I should let him have the rest of the album since I was always taking his picture.

I wanted something quick and fun, but not silly. The quote bubble and woman are from the GlitzCashmere Dame Sticker collection. The camera was painted with colors from the new and AWESOMETim Holtz  paints collection. I had the CB elements that came with the album cover for the lens and it looked good, but I wanted something different and unexpected. Then I thought tins ! I found two Maya Road tins, one small and one a bit larger and played around with them. I took the lids off and used those as the lens cover. Still trying to decide which one I like the best.
 
Red striped washi tape on the top is from the Carta Bella Well Traveled  tape pack and the lace trim is from the Websters Winter Fairy collection. I LOVE that collection, but you'd better grab it quickly because it's flying out the doors!  The tag is from the Pink Paislee Mistable   collection and the bird is from my FS stash (it's Websters). Prima SIIC chevrons are on the bottom trim. Paper is from the Prima Portfolio collection,  so get it while it's there! It's a GREAT collection.
 
 
 
 
 
While this LO doesn't necessarily have all of the trending products in it, I just had to share it with you. This is from  the engagement photo session my son and daughter in law had done last year. The heart is Maya Road fabric, BUT you can use a page from the CB album just as well, not to mention it will give more dimension to your project. The trim is MR Tulle Trim Pleat Milk, teal roses are Prima Floret Thyme, tag from the Pink Paislee Mistables collection, and bling swirls are Prima. The center peach rose, silver swirl , heart, and beads, are from my stash, but it's easy enough to cut up some bling and put your own version in the center. Flamingo Scraps has some of the coolest elements that are arriving daily so go see what you can find, you'll be amazed. Click flamingoscraps.com now to see tons of great new trending items, not to mention some classics.You'll be glad you did !




Have a great weekend !!

Kathleen

4 comments:

  1. Love this Kathleen!!! That camera album is beyond adorable and I love the way you used it -- tin is genius!!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzanne. I think I REALLY like the larger one. It's a wrap! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are rocking!! I love both of these layouts!! Love the Camera and pic of you and Gabe coming out of it. How awesome!! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails