Friday, May 10, 2013

Graphic 45 Matchbox - Grandma's Memory Box

Hello again ! Just me peeking out from behind the scenes here at Flamingo Scraps. I LOVE boxes,containers,anything you can put something into. When I saw the G45 Matchboxes, I knew they had to come live with me.

I purchased the 8x8 and the 12x12 boxes and used the larger for my grandson's treasure box. Wasn't sure what I was going to use the smaller one for until I was going through my closet and came upon some of my grandmother's gloves,compacts and other personal items. Eureka! A vintage treasure box for me. The timing was perfect since I would have it for Mother's Day as a gift to me, from me. Yeah, I give myself gifts!
 
 I used the Heidi Swapp Colorshine , Primrose, to color the outside. The flowers are Prima Bronte Blooms- Bisque. My grandmother loved pinks and blues so I wanted to bring the browns into the project so it wouldn't look like something for a baby shower, and of course to make it look more vintage. The resin frame is from theWebsters Frame Variety Pack and I wanted a lighter color, so I painted it with TH paints, and put a Websters Resin Butterfly Cameo into it.These resins are a dream to work with! The bluebird on top is from my Websters stash, as is the Prima scalloped wood veneer on the top.I painted the wood with a combination of paints from theTim Holtz paints, which are available. If you like the wood veneers, ask Suzanne if they can be ordered and she'll do her best to help you out with that.  Pearls and crystals are Prima from the stash, and Flamingo Scraps has PLENTY of bling and such to decorate your matchbox project. I covered a piece of chipboard with crinkled gold scrap paper I had and attached it to the top to cover the opening. You could use a piece of acetate if you wanted to create a window. For the trim, it HAD to be Maya Road Tu Tu Tulle - Vintage Beige.Love the selection of colors FS carries.


 
This is the finished product with some of the items from Grandma. Her long black gloves with black seed pearls, perfumed powder compacts, gold rouge compact with white seed pearls, emerald and gold engagement ring in a tiny box, and white gloves with embroidered / crocheted accents. The harmonica is actually my grandfathers, as is the lighter, even though he wasn't a smoker, unless you count the occasional cigar. My only problem with this project ? I should have made it bigger ! Pretty sure I'm getting the 12x12 boxes again, because this one was SO much fun and I think I need a bigger box !! Remember, if you can't find something in the store, contact Suzanne for help. You never know until you ask !!
 
That's it for this post fellow Flocklings. Hope you all have a great weekend, and a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of our moms out there in Scrappyland !

3 comments:

  1. Kathleen this is just stunning!!! Such beautiful reminders of your grandmother and such a special way to keep them!!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Awesome!! Love this awesome treasure!! You are very blessed to have these things of hers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails