Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Memory Shadow Box with Prima

Every year for father's day I am always wondering what to give my husband for Father's Day.  We don't go all out or spend lots of money, that's just not us, but we do recognize each other on mother's day and father's day to let each other know how much they mean to our children and to us.

This year I made a little shadow box from the Prima wood pieces box, why not use the box the cute little wood items came in.  I treated it like a typewriter or shadow box you see everyone doing right now.  In it I placed 4 pictures of our children taken with in the last 2 weeks (except for our little angel Kristen).  I wanted candid shots, nothing but smiling faces, just the way we look at them everyday.


I used Heidi Swapp's color shine mists in various colors (Mustard, Primrose, Georgia Peach, and sweet cherry) to color the Prima wood box and also to color the Prima wood shapes and the Prima Resin pieces.


Here you can see an up close shot of some of the Prima mini flowers and some of the colored wood pieces.  For the paper backgrounds I used Pink Paislee's Journal cards and paper good from their Cottage farms collection.  I just cut out the sections I liked to fit in tot he little squares.


Here you can see the Prima resin (corner and little bird), wood, and also a bit of the Prima wood flower I glued on the back of the wood frame to use to hold the box up on the wall (since it is so light).

Hop on over to the Flamingo Scraps Store and take a look at all the wonderful goodies they have to offer!!

Supplies Used:
Wood - Prima
Resin - Prima
Flowers - Prima
Patterned papers - Pink Paislee
Cardstock
Pen
Glue
Mists - Heidi Swapp
Stickers
Ribbon - Maya Road

Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

5 comments:

  1. Erin, this is just beautiful and such a lovely sentiment -- truly the thought that counts!!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project - and perfect Father's Day gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cut Erin. What a cute little face. This is a great Father's day project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I just love this project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a great way to reuse those cute little boxes. Very adorable and clever Erin !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails