Monday, June 10, 2013

Springing into Summer with Hope Chest!

Good morning, Flockinistas! Melissa, here, with a layout sure to wet your springy (and summery) whistle! I made use of the Pink Paislee Hope Chest collection, found in store, along with some other goodies, to come up with a layout to celebrate our (eventual) arrival of spring! It may have taken until nearly the end of May, here in Michigan, but I can't complain about our mild temperatures thus far, and all the rain has made the gardens even better, as well!

Anyway, here is what I came up with in my journey:


Now, before you ask, I did make the background paper myself, and here is how:

First, I laid down the Prima wood grain mask (available via special order), and used some of the Prima Edger Chalk ink in two different browns (you can pre-order the entire color set at Flamingo Scraps, or buy individual inks, as well). Then, I mixed some modeling paste with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Chartreuse and used another Prima mask (Checker - also available via special order) and spread the modeling paste mixture with it. 


Don't you just love the texture it adds to the page?


For the main focus of the page, I used some Webster's Pages Ruffled Bloomers in cream, more Prima Chalk ink to stamp the title with some old foam stamps from my stash (sadly, this is the first time I'd used them and I've had them for a while!), a crocheted flower topped by a flower-shaped paperclip (shaped paperclips have been a re-emerging trend, and you can find some in the Flamingo Scraps store, as well. I recommend the Prima Sampler pack!). I used some Maya Road trinket pins and a Studio Calico Polaroid Frame, as well as a Webster's Pages Love Birds charm and added some stitching with my sewing machine for even more texture. 

All in all, I am in love with this page, and I hope you are, too! That's all I have for today, so I hope you found some inspiration. 

Until next time, keep scrappin!
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this Melissa!!! Fantastic mixing of collections and love the color palette!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this layout....love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails