Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Papercrafter's Christmas -- Part 2!!

Papercrafters really have an unfair advantage over crafters who have not yet discovered the fabulous products to which we have access!!  Today I want to show y'all two Christmas stockings I made combining fabric with some of Maya Road's gorgeous trims!

First is a Duck Dynasty fan's dream -- a stocking fashioned of camouflage burlap and trimmed with Maya Road's zipper trim.

 


It can be really difficult to make something like a Christmas stocking with a decided masculine slant.  I come from a long line of hunters and when I saw this camouflage burlap I knew it would be perfect for the gift "basket" I am making for my brother.  I also knew that the Maya Road green zipper trim would be just the thing for the border at the top!













Next up is a stocking made of batting and trimmed with Maya Road Linen Burlap trim and Linen Hearts.























For the cuff at the top of the stocking, I layered three strips of Linen Burlap Trim.  The fantastic thing about using this trim is the wide range of colors -- this shade is rustic looking, while the cream trim on the cream batting could be shabby chic at its best!


















I just love these linen hearts from Maya Road.  Unfortunately, they have been discontinued, but it would not be at all difficult to cut some hearts from burlap or linen and achieve much the same look!  Another option would be using the Maya Road Burlap Roses for a frillier look!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails