Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mini for Mia, Maci, their Mama and Me

Today I have used the 6 x 6 mini pad from Rondelle by Prima from my Warehouse Box available from Flamingo Scraps Pink Bird Bargain Bin. I have chosen to do a chipboard mini album from Maya Road, also in my Warehouse box. You may or may not receive the exact items, but they boxes are loaded with product and will certainly inspire you to create awesome projects! Here is the cover of the mini. Diamond paper was fussy cut around diamond shapes, Say It In Crystals, black, trimmed and added to surround Cameo Tutu embellishment (more details below for cameo and journal ticket).



I started by painting the bare chipboard album with Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Black Soot (available through Flamingo Scraps, special order by contacting Suzanne)
I found it best to allow the paint to air dry, rather then try to help it along with a heat tool, it produces a smoother and more matte finish. I only painted the outside edges knowing I was covering the inside and outside with patterned paper.


I also painted the outside binding, and wanted to cover the rivets holding the three ring binder. I used TH Spun Sugar to paint the white flower trim. Before adhering the pink flowers, I formed a circle of Webster's Tutu trim on the binding to go under the top flower.


From a piece of vintage sheet music I cut a rectangle frame to surround the binder mechanism, glued it in place and dabbed a little more Black Soot paint to blend it to the inside cover, shown on left. 


The inside pages came next, painting with the TH Distress paints. 
L - R Forest Moss, Bundled Sage, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet.
The three on the left were still in the drying process, the far right had already fully dried.



Waiting for the paint to dry before adhering the patterned paper to the inside pages, I started working on the embellishments, I used a cameo from my Warehouse Box, dabbing a little Distress Paint on the raised edges to highlight the raised edges, and lightly added some lighter pink to the outer edge. left is untouched. Below is a before and after.


From my stamp stash I embossed a doily stamp on a vintage sheet music page. To mimic the shape of the doily stamp, I stretched the a square stamp into a diamond shape on an acrylic block and embossed this in black also on a piece of the Rondelle paper. (see next photo for comparison)


Stamp as is from carrier sheet.


Stamp stretched and formed to patterned paper under acrylic block.


Journaling block stamped with TH Distress Paint in Forest Moss.
As you can see, paint was on more than just the detail of the stamp, put it did not transfer to the final image.
(Tip: wash your stamp immediately, it dried very quickly when applied thinly!) This was cut out and added to the pocket on the front cover of the mini album.


Inside front cover and first page, embossed doily stamp on music sheet and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Tattered Rose.


Detail of first page. Fancy Pants Bulb Safety Pin with Tim Holtz Baubles attached to top ring of binder. Detail of embossed doily on vintage music sheet. and Webster's Tutu trim pouf. 


Piece of Webster's Tutu trim threaded through center hole on inside page, glued into place on front and back. All tulle was pulled through to the front, leaving a tail to be glued onto the back.


Inside pages of the remainder of the book, awaiting photos and additional embellishments from a recent photo shoot of two of my Granddaughter, my Daughter in Law and myself just before I moved away from them in NY. I just received the proofs via email last night, excited to get them in the mail! All papers were cut to size, corners trimmed by trimming rounded corners using chipboard as template, edges distressed and then glued into place. Tattered Rose ink used to add a little dimension to each page.







All products used have been listed in the description except stamps were taken from my stash.

Thanks so much for spending a little part of your day with the Flamingo Scraps Design Team today. We love creating for you, and we're always available to answer any questions you might have for any of us!!! Have a great day & Scrappy Smiles! Donna Sullivan aka paperfusionarts 


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails