Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Getting into the Holiday Spirit

Happy Hanukkah!

It's Luann in the frigid south Texas!  The cold is putting everyone in the Holiday Spirit and I hope the cold (30's & 40's) stays around 'till Christmas.

Being in the Holiday Spirit myself, I thought I would share with you a couple of Holiday ornaments.  Since it is Hanukkah, I found a dreidel that I could make out of paper.  I used the Carta Bella Winter Fun and Echo Park Paper Merry Christmas.  This would be a great project to do with kids and a way to use up some scraps.



I love decorating for Christmas (I wait until after Thanksgiving, though).  I also love to make ornaments to add to my tree and give away.  I used the plastic flat ornament for these.  The first one I started out with Marion Smith's Tea Party and fussy cut the roses and clock.  Then I layered using Prima wood embellishments, bling, and flowers.  I threw in a Tim Holtz key, May Road Star Trinket and stash ribbon.



The second ornament I used a clip art picture of Santa.  I Modge Podge the picture to cardboard.  I used the Antique Matte Modge Podge to help give the aged look.  The little tree is from Fancy Pants. Isn't it the cutest? Heidi Swapp Believe Ephemera helps with the layering. Vintage (since it's been in my stash for a while) Webster' Pages Christmas charm and ribbon add just the right touch.  I sprayed the cotton lace with Heidi Swapp Color Shine to match the Fancy Pants tree.



Ohhhh.....I forgot to mention.  Don't forget to decorate the inside.  I used some netting scraps, glitter, and sequins.  FYI:  Do not use your hot glue gun on the plastic ornaments.  I learned the hard way.


Wishing you a fantastic Thanksgiving and a safe one.  Now I'm off to get some hot cocoa to warm up.

Until next time....

Luann

1 comment:

  1. Luann, these are just beautiful!! I love love them -- you stage your photos so beautifully as well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails