Friday, November 22, 2013

November Flamingo Four (F4)

Happy 4th Friday Flock Followers! Our Featured Flocksters, Genie, Donna, Ramona, and Cheryl, have some great ideas to share with you this month. The surprises pack this month included : 

1) A piece of heavy chipboard
2) Stackable flowers
3) Lace
4) Rose cameo

Hi Flock, Genie here! 

Christmas gifts are still on my mind, so when I pulled out my Flamingo 4 bag this month, I immediately thought of a little door sign. I started out with the heavy chipboard and began layering the stackable flowers over it, using Mod Podge to glue everything down. I finished it off with the lovely lace, both as a hanger and ruffled along the bottom, and the cameo as a topper. I added a letter and a little paint from my stash.  I have three nieces with the first initial "A", so I'm sure I'll find a good home for it. Thanks for looking!




Hope you enjoy my take on the items we were given to play with.Happy Scrapping! Donna 

My first project is a sepia laser copy of a print that I put onto the heavy chipboard, then inked the edges. The flowers were misted with water, rolled into a ball, flattened, then misted with Glimmer Mist. The lace is ruffled onto to the back of the CB and attached it to a canvas board.Once the canvas was painted, a criss-cross design stamp was used for some background effects around the edges. I distressed the board to reveal some white and dabbed the edges with distress paint. The flowers are attached with a button brad from my stash and dabbed with paint. After inking some seam binding, it was then sprayed with Glimmer Mist. Prima Say It In Crystals is the frame highlighting the section with my Grandmother and her brother. Distress markers to added the color to their clothing and hair. 
My second project is just a simple little hair clip for my Granddaughter to match a dress I just purchased for her, I touched the edges of the cameo piece with Distress paint, Pumice Stone, then glued the Webster's tutu trim silver. When dry, I adhered it to a hair clip 




RAMONA'S PROJECT :


For this Flamingo 4 project I did a wall hanging. Using my Crop-a-dile to punch another hole to place the lace to make a hanger.  I used the Damask Stencil from Prima Mixed with molding paste and applied directly to the surface. I also altered the cameo by using Tim Holtz Distress Paint Wild Honey and some gesso.  I cut the title out of black card stock from my Cameo, and used the ephemera to make my flowers by cutting into them and wetting them down and crinkling them up.  I so love how these flowers turned out!!  I hope you like my creation as much as I had fun making it!




CHERYL'S PROJECT :

Hi, Cheryl here.For this project I started with out a light blue modeling Modellier Cream and brushed a base coat on. I then used a small stencil and again using my brush I put the cream over the stencil, carefully lifted it off, and let it dry. I adhered two of the whimsies on the surface and attached the flower.
On the opposite side I used the packaging from the whimsies and used it as a paper ledger. Taking one of the whimsies I used a 1/2" punch and punched out numbers from one of the whimsies and adhered it to the packaging,, and added a few more at the bottom. The lace is attached through the hole in the top corner. Since the packaging has a plastic surface, you can write on it with a dry erase pen when you need something to make notes on. 


Don't forget to follow Tonya's Ustream tutorials. On  December 2nd, Tonya will be coming to you live with part 2 of the December Daily. She will be using the beautiful 25th - Pine from Basic Grey for this year's journal. Kits are available at Flamingo Scraps  for $29.99. If you missed the first one, or need to recap, follow any of the links below.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend from The Flock !!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails