Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fearless Canvases with Prima and Tim Holtz

Hi there, Flock!  Genie here today, madly crafting amidst all the holiday baking and get-togethers.  I have two more canvases that I made as gifts today.

Ok, truth:  I made the first one and loved it so much that I made a second so that I could keep it all for myself.  *blush*
These were so super simple!  I used a couple of 12x12" canvases and put down a rough base coat.  All of the paint used for this project is Tim Holtz Distress Paint in the holiday 2013 collection.  You should definitely contact suzanne@flamingoscraps.com for a SUPER deal on special ordering these bad boys.  I really love this group of colors!!  The top canvas was rough coated with pumice stone and iced spruce, and the bottom canvas painted with evergreen bough.  I wanted just a little more distressing, so I added some bubble wrap stamping; on top, in evergreen bough and the bottom in ripe persimmon.  I let that mostly dry, and then used a ruler to sketch in a 2x2" grid.  I was going for a bit of a distressed look, so I didn't worry about making the lines even widths or even when the marker went through some damp paint.  I found this awesome quote (for those that don't know, I've been a professional studio/wedding photographer for just over 13 years now) and pulled out my Prima wood icons and played with them to determine placement.  I decided on one row of different colored cameras; love the contrast.  The cameras on the top canvas were painted with pine needles and aged mahogany, and the cameras on bottom with ripe persimmon and dusty concord.


I was going for a messy, distressed look, so I didn't worry about getting the paint even or completely covering the wood.  I'm sorry that these detail shots are a little blurry.  Michigan's been in the middle of a snow storm all weekend and I wasn't able to get very good light.  The typewriter font and ink are from my stash.

Thanks for looking, and I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails