Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I must!...I must!...I must! Use my all my crafty stuff.

Happy New Year!

Do you make New Year Resolutions?

I did this year.  I, Luann, resolve to use all my crafty stuff that I have horded.

With that said, I have a mini album and a little wood box that I would like to share with you.  I have wanted to embellish this wood box for over three years.  My inspiration was my aunt who dearly loves hot tea, roses, and her birthday this month.  Flamingo Scraps carries the Marion Smith's paper lines Nirvana and Mad Tea Party and match made in Wonderland was made.




First, I gave the box a coat of gesso.  Then painted with a rose chrome metallic paint.  To give the some depth I used Ranger Gold Acryilic Paint and dabbed it on with a piece of towel. I cut the paper to fit by using the box as the guide.  I used Mod-Podge to glue the paper and let it dry over night.  I then gave the paper a top coat of Mod Podge and let it dry for a couple of hours.  I did use Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Vintage Jeans to finish the edges.

I used Prima roses, fussie cut a picture from Graphic 45 Ladies Diary paper line and the corset stamp on the Nirvana paper.  I sprayed the blue rose with Heidi Swapp Teal Color Shine for a pop of color.  I just love the way it turned out!


Now the what to in this little box?   I could put in some Rolo's candy (my aunt was telling me about a Rolo Cheesecake she is going to make for her birthday). However,  I went with the orginal idea - mini  


It is a mini 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" .  I used the cardboard I saved from my new 2014 calendar for the center.  I cut the Nirvana and Mad Tea Party papers to size and glued to the cardboard. The edges were distressed with my Prima distresser and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I had a Prima Treasures window that just fit. I found a cameo in my stash.  Don't you think it looks like the girl is looking out the window? The clock charm is from my stash.  I'm going embellish the other pages after I find the photo's I want to use.  I'll give you a look when I'm done.



Let's see!  I did keep to my resolution. I used a few things that I had for a time.  I did use some new papers, Marion Smith, which I love. 

If you can't find some of the goodies in the Flamingo Scraps Shop that I used, drop Suzanne a e-mail.  She is awesome locating items for her customers.

Here's to keeping your resolutions and a fantastic 2014!

Until next time.

Luann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails