Thursday, January 30, 2014

Made with my "own two hands"!

With Valentine's day just around the corner, I wanted to send my granddaughters each some love from their Grammy and Poppy. This kid's craft (<---- click here for original card) was my inspiration. Instead of a child using their hands, I traced my own, which ended up slightly larger than a child's hands!!!
Using paper from Marion Smith's Mad Tea Party collection, left over from my Alice's Memory Box.



I traced my left hand, cut it out, reversed it and traced again for the right hand, so they would match when folded up. I measured the "palm" of the hand and cut out two strips, 2" x 12", scored at 2' intervals and accordion folded each strip. Overlapping two ends to make one long strip, I inked the edges with cranberry ink from my stash. Using Scor tape, I adhered each end piece to the palm of each hand. (I had to trim off one two inch panel in order for it to open correctly)
After choosing my phrase, I adhered the chip board letters, then painted them with the dabber tip from Tim Holtz Distress paint, Picked Raspberry. A cork heart, also painted with the same paint & faux stitched, I added Maci's name to the heart in "bubble" letters. (to insure they would stay put, I also used matte gel medium) To add a little sparkle and shine, I topped each letter and the heart with Tim Holtz Rock Candy Stickles.






My hope, one day, my granddaughter, Maci, will cherish having something made with Grammy's own two hands! This was a fun and simple card to make, whether you choose to use your own hands, or those of a child's, the recipient will always have a special memento to hold on to, "hand" made! Depending on your paper (uses just one sheet of double sided paper for an adult's hands, much less for a little one's) this little card of love can be transformed to any special occasion, or just because.

Supply list
Marion Smith's Mad Tea Party collection
Tim Holtz Distress Paint, Picked Raspberry
Tim Holtz Stickles, Rock Candy
Claudine Hellmuth matte medium
Fancy Pants cork heart

From my stash
Cranberry ink
Alpha stickers
Scrappy Smiles! Donna Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails